Knowing your risks
We conduct risk assessments of companies to work out how you can grow your business by taking more risk.
It can be very difficult to know all the risks you face in each of your local markets. We have conducted our highly successful Risk Assessment projects in over 20 countries, including traditionally high-risk markets like China, Russia, Brazil, and Iran.
Why we can help
We are experts at identifying potential risks in your business.
We have practical business and compliance knowledge and expertise across 194 countries and speak 45 languages in-house. This means that if you engage us to help manage your risk assessment, we are able to understand your business and help you identify key risk areas and plans on how to bridge the gap to manage them effectively.
What we can help you with
We can help you with risks in a particular business, a subsidiary or a Joint venture. We can focus on certain known areas, like anti-corruption or other business risks. Our focus is to identify those areas where you might not be covered with your existing program and to take a different approach to finding risk areas.
Why use an external provider for your risk assessment?
- We have the scale to be onsite and to support you in challenging locations and in a large number of languages
- We focus on business risks and compliance risks. We are not only looking at accounting or financial risks - but risks that can affect the operation of your business and cause you actual business loss and reputational damage
- We challenge assumptions, challenge norms and ask tough questions
- Gain insight into best practices in addressing risks
- Detailed direction and guidance is given on how to manage these risks
How it works
- We work with you to identify which countries, regions or vertical markets would benefit the most from a Risk Assessment project
- We help you host one or more 'Risk Roundtable' sessions depending on the number of jurisdictions you need to assess risk
- Our team are skilled interviewers. We know what questions to ask to elicit the information you need to identify and determine any potential risk
- The findings are documented and a risk assessment for each location and vertical market is conducted
- We then analyse the risks and tell you where you should be focused
- You can extend your Risk Assessment by conducting a cultural assessment or a learning program effectiveness assessment.
An example: Identify Channel Compliance risks
Some common risk areas in the sales process include:
- Bribery and anti-corruption in sales deals with government or semi-governmental agencies
- Export control and illegal sales of restricted products
- Channel stuffing and revenue recognition issues
- Licence management abuse
- Poor discounting and control abuses around discount levels and justification
- End-user/customer fraud
- Returned goods and faulty service records
- Poor controls over channel partner selection and management
- Sanctions and illegal sales to sanctioned customers
- Collusion and bid rigging with customers or channel partners
- Kickbacks to your sales people or customers
- Appointing unnecessary sub-contractors and installers
- Grey-market and second-hand trading in used products.