2017 COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY RISK WORKSHOP series
The Red Flag Group are proud to host a series of complimentary workshops “Australia’s Changing Anti-Bribery Landscape” led by three prominent Australian compliance experts.
For many Australian organisations management of anti-bribery risk has not been a high priority when faced with competing compliance obligations. Consequently, in many instances, it’s been placed on the back burner or in the “too hard basket”. Recent Australian and international developments in the anti-bribery space should give organisations based in Australia pause for thought.
During the course of workshop, your facilitators will update you on these latest developments, what they mean for your organisation, and how exposure to the risk of bribery can be best remediated.
Our presenters will walk participants through a real life case study providing clear guidance on how to avoid falling foul of global anti-bribery and sanctions law.
- Scott Lane, CEO and Chairman of the Board, The Red Flag Group, a globally recognised anti-corruption compliance expert, and former regional General Counsel.
- Helen Gillies, Non-Executive Director, The Red Flag Group, 20 years of experience in the legal and compliance industry. Former General Counsel of SKM, a recipient of Australian Lawyers Association In-House Lawyer of the Year in 2008, named as one of Australia’s Most Influential Women in the Board and Management category in the Australian Financial Review’s inaugural awards.
- Martin Tolar, General Manager, Australia and New Zealand, The Red Flag Group. A 10-year veteran of the compliance industry and the Australian Chair and International Representative for the ISO 37001 - Anti-Bribery Management Systems.
All presenters have been involved in numerous bribery investigations and have in-depth experience in managing legal and compliance functions with experience across more than 45 countries.
8:15 am - 8:30 am: Registration and refreshments
8:30 am - 10:00 am: Sharing of anti-bribery legislation and enforcement followed by a review of a real-life case study
Who should attend?
- Experienced compliance professionals can benefit from the session
- The content is geared towards those in the legal, procurement, compliance, and ethics fields
- Anyone interested in mitigating risks such as corruption, bribery, supplier misconduct, data privacy, M&A due diligence, investigations and anti-trust
Participants will walk away from these sessions knowing
- What went wrong in each situation and how it should have been identified earlier
- What business leaders and compliance professionals should do to protect themselves and their companies against risk
- The standards expected of global companies doing business overseas
- How to conduct effective due diligence and know your business partners
How are the workshops conducted?
- Small groups are created at the start of the session to mimic real workings of a compliance team
- Presenters lead discussions and exercises using real-life case studies and give practical applications of best practices
- Workshops provide a safe environment to engage in frank discussion on compliance programmes challenges and successes
All attendees will receive
- Complimentary copy of the latest Compliance Insider® magazine - a leading magazine focused around compliance and integrity risk
- Complimentary whitepaper on how to build anti-corruption programmes and manage third party risk
Space is limited so we regret if we are unable to accept your registration.
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org