We partner with companies on compliance investigations
Responding to allegations of misconduct can require complex and in-depth investigations. If a company does not conduct an investigation into misconduct, it is creates significant regulatory and reputational risks. The Red Flag Group® has a dedicated team of researchers, former in-house counsel and on-site auditors to ensure that the right people are interviewed, the correct data is examined and the proper follow up steps are clearly planned.
The Red Flag Group® has expert capabilities in dozens of risk areas involving employees, contractors, suppliers and partners. Companies rely on us to examine:
• Bribery and corruption
• Theft of company resources
• Conflicts of interest
• Improper gifts and entertainment
• Misuse of company assets
• Channel stuffing
• Bid rigging
Quick and reliable
The Red Flag Group® completes most investigations in less than four weeks.
Timeliness, urgency and accuracy are keys to a successful investigation. The longer it takes to get to the bottom of an issue, the more time is left for those involved to cover their tracks, destroy key documents and commit additional wrongdoings.
Although no two investigations are ever exactly the same, we have established a proven and trusted method to collect information and get results during the investigation process.
Investigation planning and project management
- Managing the kickoff of the investigation including timeline and budgets
- Securing documents and hold notices
- Mapping out the investigation plan and progression
Conducting background research on key people and companies
- Background checks typically include corporate registry information, media, reputation, conflict of interest, watch list and sanctions checking, site visits and other searches of public records (i.e. litigation)
Document gathering and review
- Imaging hard drives, emails, phones and other devices of employees
- Review of key financial documents
- On-site collection of books, ledgers and other hard copy materials
- Review of all data gathered through interviews, imaging, and research using screening software and subject matter experts
- Conducting interviews of company personnel according to the investigations plan
- Translation and transcription of interviews
- Summary report and presentation based on key findings including recommended next steps to address problems identified
- Detailed notes on documents, interviews, research and all essential information