Why is this a risk?
Natural disasters, accidents, loss of information, labour strikes and other possible disruptions can unexpectedly stop or slow the sourcing of materials supporting the manufacture of products. Irregular flow of goods can have a dramatic effect on a company’s ability to supply goods into market. Understanding where potential exposure to supply interruption and the development of continuity plans can save companies from revenue loss and/or brand erosion.
Examples of where this risk could affect you
- A natural disaster closes a supplier's plant or distribution line
- Sole sourcing of materials
- Unstable labour markets
What sort of suppliers could create a risk in this area for your business?
- Manufacturers in politically unstable areas
- Volatile and high-risk manufacturing processes
- Facilities located in areas with high risk of tsunamis, typhoons, earthquakes or other potential natural disasters
Which systems and tools do we provide as part of the Supplier Ecosystem™ Initiative to manage these risks?
- IntegraWatch® | Compliance Screening database
- Litigation or arbitration screening